Do you remember having one special thing when you were young that gave you instant comfort? Mine was a stuffed pink bunny. I remember carrying it everywhere. My security bunny so to speak. I was devastated when it was accidentally left in a motel room in Arizona while on the way to California. I couldn’t have been maybe four or five but I remember crying my eyes out when I realized I didn’t have Bunny in the car. Since then I have found that there are many other ways of comforting yourself. And it’s rather interesting when you think of the different ways as adults that we find our comfort. I think it’s probably universal that we find comfort in connecting with another person. I know that is on top of my list. Everyone needs something that calms the soul when times are tough. Here are a few of my comfort items.
- Wearing one of my husband’s plain white tee-shirts.
- Adele‘s last CD, 21. Every song means something special.
- Cream Brule candles
- My gold flip-flops
- My books
- Cream of Chicken soup made with milk instead of water
- A photo of Jimmy and Crystal that I have on my bedside table.
- My feather pillow
- Mashed potatoes with corn mixed in (I know this is a weird but I’m not alone on this one!)
- Hugs from my grandbabies
- Getting my hair done (another strange one!)
- My home, where ever that may be at the time
This is just a few things that I find comfort in. What about you? I’d love for you to comment back with some of your comfort items.
In the meantime… be happy