Affirmation – 1. the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed 2. a statement of the existence or truth of something; assertion
In my quest of understanding my place in life and my personal beliefs, I’ve come across several articles on positive affirmations. This is reported to be a wonderful self-improvement technique. If you concentrate on the positive affirmations multiple times per day, you will begin to see the negative beliefs you internally have, disappear. It will not happen overnight, and it takes a strong determination to make the change from negative to positive. For the most part, I really do like who I am. I know that I’m an honest, loving woman who has good morals and ethics. And while I do not see myself as being negative, I definitely have room to improve my self-esteem, daily living and relationships with my loved ones. So… here are my positive affirmations.
- I love and accept myself.
- I am my own unique self – special, kind, loving and loyal.
- I believe in myself apart from other people’s opinions.
- I am a unique and valuable person just as I am.
- I am becoming more and more confident.
- I accept and learn from my mistakes.
- I’m in control of my attitude toward circumstances.
- I am loving and accepting of others.
- I accept the natural ups and downs of life.
- I am improving one step at a time.
- I will listen with an open ear and heart.
- There are beautiful things happening in my life daily.
- I am willing to allow others to help me.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am loving and lovable and I find love everywhere.
- My life is filled with love, fun and friendship.
I do have the determination to believe in and live these positive affirmations. It might take some time to realize them permanently but I will succeed. I want to be the person that my loved ones will be proud of and will appreciate my presence in their life. I want to be a better ME.
I challenge you to write down one to five positive affirmations and make the change within yourself. There is always room for improvement to be the best we can be. Don’t fall into the lazy habit of not growing and learning on a daily basis. As the old saying goes, we aren’t getting any younger. I don’t know about you but I want to spend the rest of my life happy, peaceful and content without any negativity dragging me down.
While some positive affirmations may be too private, I hope that you will share your’s with me. I have a strong belief that our purpose in life is to connect with our fellow man and I’m taking that initial step to let you into my inner world. Will you take my hand and join me?
Until next time… be happy
- Being Kind to Yourself is the Healthiest Habit. (lifeissublime.wordpress.com)
- Affirmations for a Positive Well-Being by Elias Cortez (dragonintuitive.com)