My list of totally random lessons I’ve learned that might come in helpful. Or not…
- Cough drops rarely work.
- Don’t ever, ever get rid of a Corvette.
- Don’t be afraid to sing out loud.
- Off brand veggies usually don’t taste good.
- Dressing up always makes you feel special.
- Be honest or be quiet. Lies aren’t worth it.
- Make lists.
- You won’t die and go to hell if you don’t save every picture your child colors.
- Always check the toilet paper before you sit.
- Never turn down a cookie.
- Always say ‘I love you’.
- Think before you speak.
- Buy in bulk.
- Facebook is a time warp.
- If you mess up, fess up.
- It’s still a good idea to keep a paper calendar and list of phone numbers.
- It’s hard to unsay what you’ve said and even harder to take back what you’ve written.
- Back up your computer on a regular basis.
- Always keep a twenty dollar bill stashed in your wallet.
- Plans can be changed.
- Keep your word.
- Empathy is a great virtue.
- Habits can be broken.
- Don’t be bothered if people don’t share your tastes in music, fashion, religion, politics, etc. That’s what make you an individual.
- The Golden Rule is the greatest moral truth there is.
- Your reputation is your calling card.
- Marriage is worth ‘it’.
- You can’t win an argument with a police officer or referee.
- If you’re in a conversation and you aren’t asking questions, it’s not a conversation but a monologue.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff is really good advice.
- Buy shoes in the afternoon when your feet are swollen.
- Grudges are toxic.
- Don’t get lower than the issue, rise above.
- Anyone who judges you by your clothes, the car you drive or your bank account isn’t worth impressing.
- Hard work does payoff.
- Men and women DO NOT speak the same language.
- Music can heal most heartaches.
- Good manners are always remembered by others.
- Ice cream is good for the soul.
- Pedicures are required on a regular basis.
What lessons have you learned?