I love tips, little shortcuts that make you slap yourself upside the head with “WHY THE HELL DIDN”T I THINK OF THAT??” Well, I’m here to save you some pain. Some of these are new to me and some I’ve been using for a while.
- Use WD40 to remove the crayon masterpiece your little darlin’ left on your TV, computer screen or wall.
- Use a metal binder clip to hold your phone charger in place on your desk.
- Never put citrus fruits or tomatoes in the fridge.
- Use a cotton ball smeared with vaseline to help start a fire in the fireplace.
- Use vodka to remove gum from your hair or carpet. Pour some on while rubbing it with a paper towel and watch the gum dissolve.
- Use plastic bread tags to label cords for the computer.
- Mix a couple of drops of your foundation makeup with a few drop of moisturizer and make your own tinted moisturizer.
- Put a tension rod under the cabinet to hang spray bottles on.
- Hull strawberries with a straw.
- Put on rubber gloves to open a tight jar
- Add laundry detergent to the washer before the clothes to keep fading to a minimum.
- Soak greasy tools in Coke Cola overnight to remove the grease and make them shine.
- Recycle Christmas cards into next year’s gift tags. Cut out the picture or verse, then use a hole punch to cut the hole for the ribbon.
- Fold a large piece of aluminum foil up 3 or 4 times then cut it into strips to sharpen your scissors.
- When making deviled eggs, place the cooked yolks in a large sealable plastic bag, mash them with a rolling-pin, add the rest of the ingredients then snip off one corner and squeeze to fill the eggs.
- If you use store-bought icing, place it in a bowl and whip it with your mixer for a couple of minutes. It will double in volume and make it fluffier and easier to spread.
- Use hair conditioner to shave your legs. Great way to use up some that you bought and didn’t like and it really leaves your skin soft.
- Always put clear tape over address labels on envelopes or packages to preserve the ink from smears in case it gets wet.
- To clean your flower vases that you can’t get a sponge into, fill with hot water then add some rice and liquid soap. Shake until clean.
- To keep the dogs out of the outside trash, spray the can with pine cleaner.
- Heat your eye lash curler with hot water or your hair dryer before using it. Your lashes will retain the curl longer.
- To clean the kid’s Legos, throw them in a lingerie laundry bag and wash them with the towels.
- Use a strand of uncooked spaghetti to check the doneness of a cake if a toothpick is too short.
- Put a little water in the votive candle holder before you burn the candle. This will help to keep the wax from sticking to the glass.
- Always keep plastic grocery bags in the truck of your car. You will be amazed at how often you will use them.
I hope these tips will help you out and please, please let me one or two of your favorites.