During an early morning discussion with my husband about my professional future, we spoke about my passions and how they relate to my career. He asked me to think hard about it and see where it would lead me. While this one is not bankable, I do it with sincerity, compassion and hopefully, some wisdom. Advice, or maybe I should just call it my opinions, either way I love to give it. Most of the time it’s said in my head, sometimes out loud and most likely unsolicited and unwanted by the recipient.
It’s nothing that you haven’t already heard a couple of hundred times. My question is since you have, why the heck aren’t you living it? It’s nothing but common sense. So… here it is again, Steff’s opinions on life and living.
- Respect yourself and others will too.
- Consciously appreciate the people in your life every minute of the day.
- Give what you want to receive.
- Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Keep your promises and tell the truth.
- Always be loyal in thought and actions.
- Encourage others and cheer for them.
- Teach others with love, action and word.
- Always give 150%.
- Allow others to make their own decisions.
- Stay in better touch with people who matter.
- Accept people just the way they are.
- Pray when you don’t need something.
- Make the most of every single minute, hour and day.
- Live with passion.
- Take a stand for what you believe in.
- Karma is real.
- Be trustworthy… all the time, not just when it suits you.
- Show your family they are more important than your phone.
- Be selfless instead of selfish.
- Never be fake, be proud of who you are, just as you are.
- Trust actions, then words.
- Learn to ask questions.
- Accept change as inevitable.
- Use spell check.
- Take a deep breath and jump in head first.
- Trust your instincts.
- Own your mistakes and learn from them.
- Strive for awesomeness.
- Never talk bad about your spouse.
- Happiness is a conscious choice, choose it.
- Seek beauty in all that you see.
- Start your day with a smile and a grateful heart.
Simple actions, simple words. And easier to do than you think.